If you are traveling in the south and you're a country music fan, enjoy learning about history, or just love southern cooking, then Tennessee is the place to visit. One city in Tennessee to visit is Memphis, which happens to be home to Elvis Presley. The city of Memphis is the largest populated city in Tennessee and has some of the best things to do in Tennessee. Here are some of the many things to do in Memphis.
- Visit and take a tour of Graceland, Elvis' mansion and museum dedicated to his life and includes an automobile museum along with some other exhibits.
- For family experiences visit the Memphis zoo, which is one of the four zoos in the country to house giant panda bears. The zoo has over 76 acres of wildlife and voted best zoo in the country according to TripAdvisor.
- After a day of touring and sightseeing, take a trip to downtown Memphis, where they have some of the best barbecue in the U.S.
- If you enjoy history then the Civil rights museum is for you. It is housed inside the Lorraine motel, which is the site of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. and concentrates on the events in America from the 1950's to the 1960's.
- For the people interested in instruments such as guitars, the Gibson guitar factory is the place to visit. Here you can have factory tours and see he different ways guitars are made and tuned. There is also a retail center in case you were wanting to get some new instruments.
- Lastly, there are lots of riverboat tours you can take that goes down the Mississippi river, and some include suites you can stay the night while it goes down the river.
If you need Tennessee car insurance click here, or give us a call 478-788-9188.