Car insurance companies investigate claims on a regular basis. Accidents are investigated a certain way depending on how bad the accident is, your company's policy, and whether the accident involved property, damage, or even injuries. After the claim is filed you will be assigned a claim adjustor and they will make sure you are covered on your policy. Then they will ask you different questions about the accident.
During the Investigation the adjustor will:
Medical Care and the Repair of the Vehicle
- Ask you to send a police report
- Contact the other driver
- Talk to any witnesses
- Visit the accident scene
- Inspect you car for any damages
- Take photos of the car
- Contact any medical providers to get record of your medical expenses
The insurance company that you are insured with will cover your medical expenses and any damages that transpired until fault is determined and a negotiation is made to decide who pays at the end. If the other driver is at fault your company will get payments from the other company which is called "subrogation".
- Using a body shop - Usually insurance companies require you to use a certain body shop for an estimate and to repair the damages.
- Getting quotes - Sometimes insurance companies will ask you to get a quote from each company to compare the prices
- Choosing your own repair shop - Some companies will let you get repairs done to your vehicle at any shop, but the amount that is left has to be payed by you. The insurance company only pays a certain amount and depending on how damaged the car is usually they give you the amount that is valued for the car.
If you need Florida auto insurance click here or call 478-788-9188